Most people want to have a positive attitude. Many people find it easier to point to others as their source of negative energy. But marketing strategist Frank Sonnengerg writes that the reality is that negativity is self inflicted for most people, which is exacerbated by the people you are in contact with. While there are a variety of ways in which negativity can manifest in our day, the solution to a positive attitude lies in the choice you make for yourself in the moment.
Attitude is everything, when it comes to relationships, health and success. Various research has demonstrated the links between positive thinking and better health, faster healing from illness and even curing terminal disease. Sonnenberg lists several ways in which people can adopt a more positive attitude.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Be positive yourself by controlling negative thinking. Anticipate the best outcomes, avoid viewing situations from extremes and allow for mistakes.
- Be nice to yourself.
- Set realistic and achievable goals.
- Count your blessings
- List three amazing people in your life.
- List three great things about your physical body.
- List three great things about your home and where you live.
- List three great things about where you work and what you do for a living.
- List three great gifts or unique talents you have.
- List three great gifts of knowledge or experience you have.
- List three ways in which you have experienced “luck”.
- List three ways in which your life is wealthy, abundant and prosperous.
The best way to adopt a positive attitude is with gratitude, and expressing how grateful you are for what you do have. An unknown author once wrote: “The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.”